SPRING 2022 GRADUATE COURSE INSTRUCTION MODES AND REGISTRATION INFORMATION
The Courant Computer Science department designed our spring 2022 offerings, following university and GSAS guidance, and state and city health and safety guidelines. Each section received an instruction mode designation.
- Online: Faculty and all students are remote; there is no physical classroom.
- Blended: The section or an associated activity (tutorials or project sessions) are partially in-person with rotation of in-person and remote attendance.
- In-Person: The section is in-person with ordinary meetings.
International students with certain visa restrictions will have an option to attend some classes remotely.
A list of graduate-level courses for each mode can be found below. This list is up-to-date as of November 2, 2021. Course designations may be revised based on the guidance we get from the university. We will inform all registered students promptly if a course designation changes.
For some courses, the in-person component structure and scheduling is not finalized yet; additional information will be posted on the course web pages and in Albert.
The instruction mode for the following courses is blended lecture unless noted otherwise. Lectures will be recorded.
- CSCI-GA.1170-001 Fundamental Algorithms (lecture online)
- CSCI-GA.1170-002 Fundamental Algorithms Recitation (in-person)
- CSCI-GA.1170-003 Fundamental Algorithms Recitation (online)
- CSCI-GA.2110-001 Programming Languages (lecture in-person)
- CSCI-GA.2110-002 Programming Languages Recitation (in-person)
- CSCI-GA.2110-003 Programming Languages Recitation (online)
- CSCI-GA.2250-002 Operating Systems
- CSCI-GA.2130-001 Compiler Construction
- CSCI-GA.2262-001 Data Communications and Networks
- CSCI-GA.2436-001 Realtime and Big Data Analytics
- CSCI-GA.2572-001 Deep Learning
- CSCI-GA.2572-002 Deep Learning Lab
- CSCI-GA.2590-001 Natural Language Processing
- CSCI-GA.2820 DevOps and Agile Methodologies
- CSCI-GA.2820-001 DevOps and Agile Methodologies (Stern TechMBA only)
- CSCI-GA.2820-002 DevOps and Agile Methodologies Lab (Stern TechMBA only)
- CSCI-GA.2820-003 DevOps and Agile Methodologies
- CSCI-GA.2820-004 DevOps and Agile Methodologies Lab
- CSCI-GA.3033-071 Special Topics: Geometric Modeling
- CSCI-GA.3033-096 Special Topics: Data Analytics and Visualization in Healthcare
- CSCI-GA.1144-001 PAC II
- CSCI-GA.1144-002 PAC II Recitation
- CSCI-GA.1180-001 Mathematical Techniques for CS Applications
- CSCI-GA.2250-001 Operating Systems
- CSCI-GA.2270-001 Computer Graphics
- CSCI-GA.2421-001 Numerical Methods II
- CSCI-GA.2433-001 Database Systems
- CSCI-GA.2437-001 Big Data Application Development
- CSCI-GA.2560-001 Artificial Intelligence
- CSCI-GA.2565-001 Machine Learning
- CSCI-GA.2566-001 Foundations of Machine Learning
- CSCI-GA.2620-001 Networks & Mobile Systems
- CSCI-GA.2830-001 The Lean LaunchPad (MS-CEI only)
- CSCI-GA.2830-002 The Lean LaunchPad Lab (MS-CEI only)
- CSCI-GA.2945-002 Adv Topics Num Analysis: High Performance Computing
- CSCI-GA.2945-003 Adv Topics Num Analysis: Randomized Numerical Linear Algebra
- CSCI-GA.2945-004 Adv Topics Num Analysis: Convex and Non-Smooth Optimization
- CSCI-GA.3033-025 Special Topics: Graphics Processing Units (GPUs): Architecture & Programming
- CSCI-GA.3033-026 Special Topics: Cloud Computing
- CSCI-GA.3033-029 Special Topics: Social Networks
- CSCI-GA.3033-034 Special Topics: Multicore Processors: Architecture & Programming
- CSCI-GA.3033-059 Special Topics: Big Data Science
- CSCI-GA.3033-076 Special Topics: Vision Meets Machine Learning
- CSCI-GA.3033-077 Special Topics: Big Data and ML Systems
- CSCI-GA.3033-079 Special Topics: Mathematics of Deep Learning
- CSCI-GA.3033-085 Special Topics: Cloud and Machine Learning
- CSCI-GA.3033-091 Special Topics: Introduction to Deep Learning Systems
- CSCI-GA.3033-097 Special Topics: Virtual Reality
- CSCI-GA.3140-001 Abstract Interpretation
- CSCI-GA.3205-001 Applied Cryptography & Network Security
- CSCI-GA.3205-002 Applied Cryptography & Network Security
- CSCI-GA.3812-001 Information Technology Projects
- CSCI-GA.3840-001 Master’s Thesis Research
- CSCI-GA.3850-001 PhD Seminar: Cryptography
- CSCI-GA.3850-004 PhD Seminar: Formal Methods
- CSCI-GA.3860-001 PhD Thesis Research
GRADUATE COURSES OFFERED IN SHANGHAI
In light of the US travel restrictions due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Courant Computer Science will offer courses jointly with the NYU Tandon School of Engineering this spring in Shanghai at the NYU-Shanghai campus on a limited basis. This will be the last semester of Grad GoLocal. For MSCS students, these classes would count towards the 21 credits of standard graduate CS classroom-based courses. Additional information on course offerings at NYUSH will be posted on this site once confirmed.
- CSCI-GA.3033-631/CS-GY 6313-SHAN Information Visualization
- Instructor: Xianbin Gu
- CSCI-GA.3033-918/CS-GY 9183-SHAN Project in Machine Learning
- Instructor: Li Guo
You can register for these classes directly in Albert. These classes will be held in person, and will have the same content and fulfill the same requirements as the corresponding courses at NYU-New York. These classes will commence the week of January 24, 2022.
INTERNATIONAL GRADUATE STUDENTS: MEETING IN-PERSON REQUIREMENTS
Update 10/18/2021: All international students who are newly enrolled as of Spring 2022 and hope to gain entry to the US for that term should be registered for at least one course during the semester that is not online. Acceptable courses are those whose instructional mode is listed in Albert as "In-Person," "Blended," or "Independent Studies." Essentially, whatever term the student starts in the US cannot be fully online. Please contact the Office of Global Services (OGS) for international students for further guidance.