Graduate Course Instruction Modes and Registration Information
- Summer 2021 Course Instruction Modes
- NYU-NY Graduate Courses offered in Shanghai
- International Students: Meeting In-Person Requirements
Graduate Course Offerings for Summer 2021
The Courant Computer Science department designed our summer 2021 offerings, following university and GSAS guidance, and state and city health and safety guidelines. Each section received an instruction mode designation.
- Online: Faculty and all students are remote; there is no physical classroom.
- Blended: The section or an associated activity (tutorials or project sessions) are partially in-person with rotation of in-person and remote attendance.
- In-Person: The section is in-person with ordinary meetings.
Regardless of the instruction mode, students will have an option to attend entirely remotely for all courses.
A list of graduate-level courses for each mode can be found below. This list is up-to-date as of March 10, 2021. Course designations may be revised based on the guidance we get from the university. We will inform all registered students promptly if a course designation changes.
For some courses, the in-person component structure and scheduling is not finalized yet; additional information will be posted on the course web pages and in Albert.
The instruction mode for the following courses is blended lecture unless noted otherwise.
- CSCI-GA.1170-001 Fundamental Algorithms (lecture fully online)
- CSCI-GA.1170-002 Fundamental Algorithms Recitation (online)
- CSCI-GA.1170-003 Fundamental Algorithms Recitation (blended)
- CSCI-GA.2110-001 Programming Languages (lecture fully online)
- CSCI-GA.2110-002 Programming Languages Recitation (online)
- CSCI-GA.2110-003 Programming Languages Recitation (blended)
- CSCI-GA.1180-001 Mathematical Techniques For CS Applications
- CSCI-GA.2250-001 Operating Systems
- CSCI-GA.2340-001 Elements of Discrete Mathematics
- CSCI-GA.2433-001 Database Systems
- CSCI-GA.2560-001 Artificial Intelligence
- CSCI-GA.2820-001 DevOps and Agile Methodologies
- CSCI-GA.2820-002 DevOps and Agile Methodologies Lab
- CSCI-GA.3033-061 Special Topics: Predictive Analytics
- CSCI-GA.3812-001 Information Technology Projects
GRADUATE COURSES OFFERED IN SHANGHAI
The department will not be offering Grad Go Local courses at NYU Shanghai in Summer 2021. We recommend that students take a course remotely for the summer. This course list is noted above.
INTERNATIONAL GRADUATE STUDENTS: MEETING IN-PERSON REQUIREMENTS
Update 03/04/2021: All international students who are newly enrolled as of Summer 2021 and hope to gain entry to the US for that term should be registered for at least one course during the semester that is not online. Acceptable courses are those whose instructional mode is listed in Albert as "In-Person," "Blended," or "Independent Studies." Essentially, whatever term the student starts in the US cannot be fully online. Please contact the Office of Global Services (OGS) for international students for further guidance. This website will be updated with guidance regarding Fall 2021 registration once it is available.