Transferring Credits

Master's students may transfer up to nine credits of coursework taken outside of NYU within their first year of matriculation in the graduate program, provided the coursework was not used to complete an awarded degree and that the grades are a B or better.

To transfer credits, a student must fill out the Transfer Credit Request Form, downloadable as a pdf file from the GSAS administrative forms page. (Scroll down to the GSAS list, and click on "Transfer Credit Request Form")

The completed form, along with an official unopened transcript and the course syllabus, must be submitted to your advisor, either James Paguyo (CIWW 324) or Betty Tsang (CIWW 326). Please submit all of the documents at the same time.

The request will be evaluated by the Director of Graduate Studies for the student's MS program. The student will be informed via email, once the Computer Science Department has made a decision. If approved, it will be routed to the Graduate School of Arts and Science (GSAS) for final approval. GSAS must approve the request for the credits to be able to be transferred. The student will be informed via email when the Computer Science Department is notified of the GSAS outcome.