Fall 2022 Graduate Course Instruction Modes and Registration Information
Graduate Course Offerings for Fall 2022
The Courant Computer Science department revised our fall 2022 offerings, following university and CAS guidance, and state and city health and safety guidelines. Each section received an instruction mode designation.
Online: Faculty and all students are remote; there is no physical classroom.
Blended: The section or an associated activity (tutorials or project sessions) are partially in-person with rotation of in-person and remote attendance.
In-Person: The section is in-person with ordinary meetings.
A list of graduate-level courses for each mode can be found below. This list is up-to-date as of April 25, 2022. Course designations may be revised based on the guidance we get from the university. We will inform all registered students promptly if a course designation changes.
For some courses, the in-person component structure and scheduling is not finalized yet; additional information will be posted on the course web pages and in Albert.
BlendedThe instruction mode for the following courses is blended lecture unless noted otherwise.
- CSCI-GA.1170-001 Fundamental Algorithms (lecture in-person)
- CSCI-GA.1170-002 Fundamental Algorithms Recitation (in-person)
- CSCI-GA.1170-005 Fundamental Algorithms Recitation (online)
- CSCI-GA.1170-003 Fundamental Algorithms (lecture in-person)
- CSCI-GA.1170-004 Fundamental Algorithms Recitation (in-person)
- CSCI-GA.1170-007 Fundamental Algorithms Recitation (online)
- CSCI-GA.2110-001 Programming Languages (in-person)
- CSCI-GA.2110-002 Programming Languages Recitation (in-person)
- CSCI-GA.2110-006 Programming Languages Recitation (online)
- CSCI-GA.2110-003 Programming Languages (in-person)
- CSCI-GA.2110-005 Programming Languages Recitation (in-person)
- CSCI-GA.2110-007 Programming Languages Recitation (blended)
CSCI-GA.2572-001 Deep Learning
- CSCI-GA.2572-002 Deep Learning Lab
- CSCI-GA.2590-001 Natural Language Processing
CSCI-GA.2820-001 DevOps and Agile Methodologies
- CSCI-GA.2820-002 DevOps and Agile Methodologies Lab
CSCI-GA.2820-003 DevOps and Agile Methodologies
- CSCI-GA.2820-004 DevOps and Agile Methodologies Lab
- CSCI-GA.3033-096 Special Topics: Data Analytics and Visualization in Healthcare
- CSCI-GA.1180-001 Mathematical Techniques for CS Applications
- CSCI-GA.2112-001 Scientific Computing
- CSCI-GA.2250-001 Operating Systems
- CSCI-GA.2262-001 Data Communications and Networks
- CSCI-GA.2270-001 Computer Graphics
- CSCI-GA.2420-001 Numerical Methods I
- CSCI-GA.2433-001 Database Systems
- CSCI-GA.2436-001 Realtime and Big Data Analytics
- CSCI-GA.2437-001 Big Data Application Development
- CSCI-GA.2560-001 Artificial Intelligence
- CSCI-GA.2565-001 Machine Learning
- CSCI-GA.2621-001 Distributed Systems
CSCI-GA.2630-001 Foundations of Networks and Mobile Systems (Stern Tech MBA students only)
- CSCI-GA.2630-002 Foundations of Networks and Mobile Systems Lab (Stern Tech MBA students only)
CSCI-GA.2630-003 Foundations of Networks and Mobile Systems (lecture)
- CSCI-GA.2630-004 Foundations of Networks and Mobile Systems Lab
CSCI-GA.2810-001 Design and Innovation (MS-CEI only)
- CSCI-GA.2810-002 Design and Innovation Lab (MS-CEI only)
- CSCI-GA.2965-001 Heuristic Problem Solving
- CSCI-GA.3033-025 Special Topics: Graphics Processing Units (GPUs): Architecture & Programming
- CSCI-GA.3033-061 Special Topics: Predictive Analytics
- CSCI-GA.3033-078 Special Topics: Cryptocurrencies and Decentralized Ledgers
CSCI-GA.3033-083 Special Topics: Machine Learning for Healthcare
- CSCI-GA.3033-183 Special Topics: Machine Learning for Healthcare Lab
- CSCI-GA.3033-085 Special Topics: Cloud and Machine Learning
CSCI-GA.3033-087 Special Topics in Data Science: Bayesian Machine Learning
- CSCI-GA.3033-187 Special Topics in Data Science: Bayesian Machine Learning Lab
- CSCI-GA.3033-093 Special Topics: Introduction to Deep Learning Systems
- CSCI-GA.3110-001 Honors Programming Languages
- CSCI-GA.3205-001 Applied Cryptography & Network Security
- CSCI-GA.3520-001 Honors Analysis of Algorithms
- CSCI-GA.3812-001 Information Technology Projects
- CSCI-GA.3840-001 Master's Thesis Research
- CSCI-GA.3850-001 PhD Seminar: Cryptography
- CSCI-GA.3850-004 PhD Seminar: Formal Methods
- CSCI-GA.3860-001 PhD Thesis Research
Graduate Courses offered in Shanghai
Please be advised that NYU Go Local is not currently scheduled as an option for Fall 2022.
INTERNATIONAL GRADUATE STUDENTS: MEETING IN-PERSON REQUIREMENTS
Update 04/25/2022: All international students who are newly enrolled as of Fall 2022 and hope to gain entry to the US for that term should be registered for at least one course during the semester that is not online. Acceptable courses are those whose instructional mode is listed in Albert as "In-Person," "Blended," or "Independent Studies." Essentially, whatever term the student starts in the US cannot be fully online. Please contact the Office of Global Services (OGS) for international students for further guidance.