Other Research Topics of Interest
- Simultaneous Localization and Mapping with Multiple Robots
See this book chapter
Russ and I wrote on this topic.
- Optical Character Recognition and Document Segmentation
See this paper with my students
Scott and Kevin on page segmentation for scanned research papers.
- Information Retrieval, Text and Web Learning.
I indulged these interests when I was at Whizbang (now Inxight),
and continue to indulge them a a bit working with with Andrew McCallum
at UMass, and talking with folks at Google and Overture.
- Dyadic and Relational Data
Ben Marlin, Craig Boutilier and Rich Zemel here in our group are interested
in this kind of data also, for collaborative filtering.
- Blind source separation, ICA.
KICA: Want to do ICA in two lines of matlab?
- Amplitude (implicit) sampling, Logan's theorem,
signal reconstruction from level crossings.
Here's a draft (ps,
pdf) of a paper Sanjoy Mahajan,
John Hopfield and I started on an SVD based algorithm for
practically realizing Logan's theorem, but we never finished it.
- Handwriting and gesture analysis.
- Control theory.
- Data compression, error correcting codes.
Sam Roweis, Vision, Learning and Graphics Group,