Clinical Professor Emerita
Department of Computer Science
Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences
New York University
Email: deena.engel AT nyu.edu
Fields of Expertise:
- Conservation of digital-born and software-based art.
- Collections Management Systems and database implementations in contemporary art.
- Digital Humanities: Inter-disciplinary studies in digital and computational art history.
- Digital Humanities: Inter-disciplinary studies in textual analysis for literary research.
- Computer Science Pedagogy: Developing curricula and teaching Computer Science to graduate and undergraduate students in the Humanities and the arts.
- Computer Science Pedagogy: Developing curricula and editing textbooks and course materials for advanced high school and introductory college students in programming and working with data.
Engel, Deena, and Joanna Phillips, eds. Conservation of Time-Based Media Art. London, U.K.: Routledge, 2022.