FOM: where are the proof theorists?

Stephen G Simpson simpson at math.psu.edu
Thu Jun 4 17:22:04 EDT 1998

Dear FOM list,

I regret that the FOM list has been so quiet.  I've been busy
finishing my book on subsystems of second order arithmetic and reverse
mathematics, with a publisher's deadline of July 31.  Once I get some
time I will try to get things moving again.  In the meantime, why
don't some of you post something?  In particular, I'm still waiting
for the proof theorists to respond to my posting of 14 May 1998
13:37:11.  I'd really like to know how proof theorists evaluate
research in their field and what results they consider most striking
or important.

Best regards to all,
-- Steve