- Assignment #1 - Literature - Evaluating a scholarly site on a topic in literature - Due Monday 9/23/2013
Please note - This assignment is will be graded by Prof Thain based on your study of the literary content.
- Project #1 - Scholarly Website on an Author, Poet, or Playwright
This project is designed to help you learn HTML/xHTML and CSS. Please select an author, poet, or playwright and build a scholarly or teaching website about that author containing images, links to the author's writings, information about the author, a brief bibliography and any other information you believe would be useful.
- Introduction - Setting up your Account - Project #1-A - due Monday 9/16/2013
- HTML / xHTML - Project #1-B - due Monday 9/16/2013
- CSS for color and text - Project #1-C due Monday 9/23/2013
- CSS for page layout - Project #1-D - due Monday 9/30/2013
Please note - This project will be graded by Prof. Engel based on your study and use of technology.
- Project #2 - Online Digital Archives Based on Primary Source Materials
- Preparation - due Monday 10/21/2013
- Working on your sites - a draft is due on Monday 11/11/2013; we will continue working on the sites through the end of the semester and students will present their sites to the class in the last week of the class.
- Writing a technical summary and "about" page for your site
Please note - This project will be graded by Prof Marion Thain regarding the site content and scholarly literary study; and will be graded by Prof Deena Engel regarding the implementation of your site (WordPress, CSS, PHP and related skills).
- Project #3 - TEI/XML Encoding: Based on Primary Source Materials