Lakshminarayanan Subramanian is an Associate Professor in the Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences at NYU. His research interests are in the areas of networked systems and data science with applications in computing for development (also referred by the acronymn ICTD). He leads the Open Networks and Big Data Lab and is a member of the NYU Systems group. He is associated with the Center for Technology and Economic Development, Center for Data Science and NYU WIRELESS.
Research group: Open Networks and Big Data Lab
People: Talal Ahmad (Ph.D. student), Sunandan Chakraborty (Post Doc), Shiva R. Iyer (Ph.D. student), Yan Shvartzshnaider (Post Doc), Ashwin Venkataraman (Ph.D. student) and Fatima Zarinni (Research Scientist).
- Next-gen Networks
- Security and Privacy
- Socio-economic Inference
Recent and Selected Publications
- Fine-Grained Dengue Forecasting using Telephone Triage Services Nabeel Abdur Rehman, Shankar Kalyanaraman, Talal Ahmad, Fahad Pervaiz, Umar Saif, Lakshminarayanan Subramanian. Science Advances. 08 July 2016. [pdf]
- The Effects of the Content of FOMC Communications on US Treasury Rates. Sunandan Chakraborty, Christopher Rohlfs, Lakshminarayanan Subramanian. EMNLP 2016. (short paper) [pdf]
- Predicting Socio-Economic Indicators using News Events. Sunandan Chakraborty, Ashwin Venkataraman, Srikanth Jagabathula, Lakshminarayanan Subramanian. KDD 2016. [pdf]
- Adaptive Congestion Control for Unpredictable Cellular Networks. Yasir Zaki, Thomas Potsch, Jay Chen, Carmelita Goerg, Lakshminarayanan Subramanian. ACM SIGCOMM 2015. [pdf]
- Reputation-based Worker Filtering in Crowdsourcing. Srikanth Jagabathula, Lakshminarayanan Subramanian, Ashwin Venkataraman (alphabetical order). NIPS 2014. [pdf]