- Father (i.e. thesis advisor):
For further ancestors, look at
The Mathematics Genealogy Project, which traces this line back to Erasmus
Leora Morgenstern. "Foundations of a Logic of Knowledge, Action, and
Leo Joskowicz. "Reasoning about Shape and Kinematic Function in Mechanical
Pasquale Caianiello. "Learning as the Evolution of Representation."
- Alexander Botta. "A Theory of Natural Learning."
- Jen-Lung Chiu. "Planning in an Imperfect World Using Previous Experiences."
"Adversarial Reasoning: A Logical Approach for Computer GO."
"Expert-Driven Validation of Set-Based Data Mining Results"
(nominal co-advisor with Alex Tuzhilin).
- Ji-Ae Shin.
``TM-LPSAT: Encoding Temporal Metric Planning
in Continuous Time.'' Now a
(co-advisor with Vijay Karamcheti). ``Construction of Component-Based
Applications by Planning.''
``Incremental Web Search: Tracking Changes in the Web.''
Paul Bethe. ``Advances in computer bridge: Techniques for a
partial-information, communications-based game.''
- Joseph Zupko (from Seif El-Nasr).
- David Milam (from Seif El-Nasr).
- Maha Al-Saati (from Seif El-Nasr).
Masters' Theses Supervised
Senior Thesis Supervised
- Yuling Gu, "Towards detecting temporal relations implicitly conveyed in text".
My advisees are impressively international in terms of country of origin:
USA (Leora, Tim, Paul, Emily), Mexico (Leo), Italy (Pasquale), Romania (Alex),
Taiwan (Jen-Lung, Ziyang), China (Wei Peng), Singapore (Yuling),
Korea (Ji-Ae), Russia (Tatiana), Israel (Yanai),
India (Kumar), and Iran (Azam).