[SMT-COMP] SMTCOMP 2014 deadlines

cok at frontiernet.net cok at frontiernet.net
Thu May 1 07:54:37 EDT 2014

Hello from the SMTCOMP 2014 organizers:

We have previously sent out early announcements regarding SMTCOMP 2014, with calls for benchmarks and solvers.
The competition - part of the Olympic Games at FLoC in Vienna in July - is rapidly approaching.

The detailed rules for the competition are being drafted and revised and will be made public shortly.
Here are the relevant deadlines.

May 15 - deadline for any new benchmarks
May 25 - deadline for solver entries (but early statements of intention are encouraged)

June 1 - deadline for final versions of solvers
The actual competition runs will start as soon after June 2 as the organizers can manage

We will be using StarExec, a new infrastructure, as will several other competitions. Thus we are keeping the competition simple this year:

- we will run main track races for each logic division for which we have entrants (and benchmarks);

- we intend to run an application track (with incremental benchmarks), if the infrastructure for the benchmarks and executor is ready in time.

We have used StarExec successfully for SMTEVAL-2013 (whose report is also in review), so we are confident it can be used for the competition as well. In addition, we hope to include as many benchmarks as possible in the competition, to reduce random variation in the overall result. However, the organizers may have to adjust the overall scale as we see how much of StarExec's resources can be used for SMT-COMP itself.