[SMT-COMP] dual-core for SMT-COMP 2010?

Roberto Sebastiani rseba at disi.unitn.it
Tue Jan 5 11:37:16 EST 2010

Aaron,
sorry for the late reply.

If the idea is to allow dual core for all the competition, let me say that
I'm strongly against it. In fact, the empirical results would completely
be biased by the usage of the dual core, and the competition may reduce most to
engineering issues to support concurrency on a specific architecture.
Even if this were not the case, it would be nearly impossible to decouple
the advantages of novel techniques and algorithms to those of
dual-core support.

If the proposal is instead to make one or more special categories in which dual-core
can be expoited, I think this could be a nice experiment.

Roberto

Prof. ROBERTO SEBASTIANI
Dip. Ingegneria e Scienza dell'Informazione, DISI    Tel: +39 0461 881514
Fac. Scienze M.F.N., Universita` di Trento           Fax: +39 0461 883964
Via Sommarive 14, I-38123, Povo, Trento, Italy Skype: roberto.sebastiani1
email: roberto.sebastiani at disi.unitn.it  url: http://disi.unitn.it/~rseba
OKKAM id: http://www.okkam.org/ens/id4e14c363-3008-4752-b243-480c87eb2b4c