Arthur Schopenhauer: Logic and Dialectic / Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy

jean-yves beziau beziau100 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 17:17:41 EST 2023

Dear Colleagues
Just released in the Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy (IEP) the entry
"Arthur Schopenhauer: Logic and Dialectic" by Jens Lemanski.
https://iep.utm.edu/schopenhauer-logic-and-dialectic/
Schopenhauer’s important work on logic  is not yet well known. It was he in
particular who promoted the terminology "metalogical", as I explained in
the article
"Metalogic, Schopenhauer and Universal Logic"
http://www.jyb-logic.org/METALOGIC-SCHOPENHAUER
This article has 50 pages, here a one-page entry in the language of Nina
Hagen published in the Schopenhauer Lexicon:
http://www.jyb-logic.org/metalogik-schopenhauer-jyb
IEP is an excellent tool for research and teaching.
I have been the editor in charge of logic at IEP since 2013.
Below are some entries I have managed.
Everyone is welcome to submit an entry.
Jean-Yves Beziau
http://www.jyb-logic.org/
Avicenna (Ibn Sina): Logic
Saloua Chatti
https://iep.utm.edu/ibn-sina-avicenna-logic/

Lewis Carroll: Logic
Francine F. Abeles
https://iep.utm.edu/lewis-carroll-logic/

Haskell Brooks Curry (1900-1982)
Jonathan P. Seldin
https://iep.utm.edu/haskell-brooks-curry/

Kant : Logic
Srećko Kovač
https://iep.utm.edu/k-logic/

Leibniz: Logic
Wolfgang Lenzen
https://iep.utm.edu/leib-log/

Adolf Lindenbaum
Jan Woleński
https://iep.utm.edu/lindenba/

Modal Logic: A Contemporary View
Johan van Benthem
https://iep.utm.edu/modal-lo/

Natural Deduction
Andrzej Indrzejczak
https://iep.utm.edu/natural-deduction/

Charles Sanders Peirce: Logic
Francesco Bellucci / Ahti-Veikko Pietarinen
https://iep.utm.edu/peir-log/

The Semantic Theory of Truth
Jan Woleński
https://iep.utm.edu/s-truth/