Towards formalization of Fermat's Last Theorem

mario chiari posta at mariochiari.net
Fri Jan 14 18:38:58 EST 2022

Dear Freek, FOM,

although I have a very cursory understanding of Formalization of
Mathematics and its challenges, I am very intrigued and curious about
it, and I wish to ask you a couple of very simple minded questions:

-- could it be considered sensible or not  to develop a formalized
version of PA, or maybe better of any one the big five (RCA_0,
WKL_0,..), or maybe of some kind of a common framework for all of them
(and such that it is kept trace of what is proved thanks to what)?

-- is out there any project to develop a on-line, distributed
repository of proofs, such that (authorized?) people may add new
theorems and proofs?

--  how difficult is to formalize the process of successive
definitional extensions and derived inference rules? (My guess is that
you need quite a lot of them to output something human readable).

thanks, cheers
mario