looking for an ordinal notation paper

Graham Leigh graham.leigh at gu.se
Mon Sep 6 06:17:05 EDT 2021

Hendrik’s description reminds me of Tim Carlson’s patterns of resemblance, though I’m not sure if the described notation appeared in print. Carlson and Gunnar Wilken have a number of papers about this notation system. An early paper is:
TJ Carlson “Elementary patterns of resemblance”, APAL 108 (2001).

Best,
Graham