Results about logics that were new with proof systems other than sequent calculus

Lew Gordeew lew.gordeew at uni-tuebingen.de
Sun Aug 29 02:19:36 EDT 2021

There are novel ideas and methods of *proof compression* in sequent
calculus and especially in (Prawitz') natural deduction, as follows.

Given any "huge" proof produce an equivalent "small" proof of the same
conclusion (sequent or formula, respectively).

Principal applications deal with computational proof complexity, see
e.g. my recent presentation "On Proof Theory in Computational
Complexity" at Logic Colloquium 2021:

https://lc2021.pl/conf-data/LC2020/files/LC21_book_of_abstracts_links_02-08-2021.pdf, Contributed talk 37 (with
slide).

Nested proof systems dealing with Tarski's relation algebra are
exposed in my chapter "Proof Systems in Relation Algebra":

https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007%2F978-3-7908-1828-4_13

Best,
LG