2 PhD Positions in the Safety and Security of Advanced Systems Group (University of Exeter, UK Deadline 2020-05-01)
Achim D. Brucker
brucker at spamfence.net
Fri Mar 20 18:40:03 EDT 2020
Two fully funded PhD scholarships for EU/UK applicants are available
in the Security and Trust of Advanced Systems Group  (Prof. Achim
Brucker  and Dr. Diego Marmsoler ) at the Department of Computer
Science of the University of Exeter, UK .
We are looking for enthusiastic and outstanding Computer Science or
Mathematics students with a strong background in some of the following
- safety or security of (software) systems,
- formal modelling or formal reasoning/verification,
- program analysis or program verification,
- language-based security
- semantics of programming languages,
- theorem proving, model checking,
- cryptographic protocols,
- distributed systems (e.g., blockchain),
- specification-based testing, and
- design and implementation of security architectures.
This award provides annual funding to cover UK/EU tuition fees and a
tax-free stipend. For students who pay UK/EU tuition fees the award
will cover the tuition fees in full, plus at least £15,009 per year
tax-free stipend. The studentship will be awarded on the basis of
merit for 3.5 years of full-time study.
For more details, please consult the official advertisement:
The closing date for applications is midnight on 1 May 2020.
Project-specific queries should be directed to the supervisors, Prof
Achim Brucker (A.Brucker at exeter.ac.uk) or Dr Diego Marmsoler
(D.Marmsoler at exeter.ac.uk).
Achim and Diego
Prof. Achim Brucker | https://www.brucker.ch | https://logicalhacking.com/blog
*We are hiring:*
* Lecturer (Assistant Professor) - Deadline 2020-04-08:
* Two PhD Studentships (EU/UK Tuition Fees) - Deadline 2020-05-01:
More information about the FOM