Open Position: Lecturer in Computer Science (Exeter, Deadline 2020-04-08)

Achim D. Brucker brucker at spamfence.net
Fri Mar 20 17:49:37 EDT 2020

Open Position: Lecturer in Computer Science (Exeter, Deadline 2020-04-08)

As part of the expansion of the Department of Computer Science at the
University of Exeter [1], we are recruiting for a Lecturer in
Cybersecurity. The lecturer will be part of the newly formed Security
and Trust of Advanced Systems Group [2].

We are looking for a candidate with an outstanding research record
in any area related to cyber security (information security) such as
(but not limited to):
-   access control
-   usable security
-   software/application security
-   formal methods for security
-   language-based security/privacy
-   secure programming
-   information flow
-   security protocols
-   network security
-   security of distributes systems
-   human aspects of security
-   hardware security
-   security economics
-   security-by-design
-   applied cryptography
-   privacy-enhancing technologies
-   threat hunting, security analytics
-   threat modelling
-   forensics, reverse engineering
-   trustworthy AI/ML
-   security/penetration testing

You will have a PhD or equivalent in Cybersecurity, Computer Science,
Mathematics, Engineering or a related area. Please refer to the job
description for full details.

We understand **security and safety entangled concepts**: in most
modern systems one cannot be achieved without the other. Hence, we
encourage also candidates working in related domains such as **safety,
dependability, resilience, or reliability** to apply.

Please apply by 8th of April 2020! See the full announcement and
application details at

  https://jobs.exeter.ac.uk/hrpr_webrecruitment/wrd/run/ETREC107GF.open?VACANCY_ID=803965SHQd&WVID=3817591jNg&LANG=USA

We are happy to do online/remote interviews. Feel free to contact me
for informal inquiries about the post.

Best,
        Achim

[1] https://www.exeter.ac.uk/computer-science/