[FOM] Artin-Schreier for Q, without choice?

Colin McLarty colin.mclarty at case.edu
Sun Jan 5 13:32:27 EST 2020

  Läuchli's result is succinctly stated at

https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/mathematical-proceedings-of-the-cambridge-philosophical-society/article/lauchlis-algebraic-closure-of-q/771836F25AA1C59423DE4247AF8D2AF8

H. Läuchli (9) constructed, within a model of a weak form of set theory, an

:
> Every algebraic closure of Q has a real-closed subfield. (1)

There is, up to isomorphism, at most one algebraic closure of Q. (2)