Repeating myself on RVM

Gabriel Goldberg goldberg at college.harvard.edu
Wed Aug 5 16:23:43 EDT 2020

The independence of Suslin's Hypothesis from ZFC + RVM is proved in
Caicedo's paper "Real valued measurable cardinals and definable
well-orderings of the reals," Corollary 1.33. In "Real valued measurability
and Lebesgue mesurable sets," Caicedo shows that the measurability of all
projective sets is independent of ZFC + RVM; anyone who cares about RVM
should care about this question. Finally, obviously RVM tells you almost
nothing about sets larger than the powerset of the continuum, a topic that
I feel confident someone cares about, at least on good days.

Best,
Gabe