[FOM] 827: Tangible Incompleteness Restarted/1

Rempe-Gillen, Lasse L.Rempe at liverpool.ac.uk
Fri Sep 27 07:27:20 EDT 2019

I think it is dangerous to discuss and speculate about “general attitudes” on the basis of a single anecdotal comment. Of course in mathematics, as in any field, people may hold some very strong opinions.

Speaking as a mathematician not working in discrete mathematics or foundations, I can only say that I hold graph theory in very high esteem, and certainly consider it (or, at least, aspects of it) very much part of mathematics. I believe that the majority of my colleagues would feel the same – including Fields Medalists.

Best wishes,
Lasse