[FOM] Query concerning E. H. Neville's Prolegomena to Analytical Geometry

Lukasz T. Stepien sfstepie at cyf-kr.edu.pl
Thu Jun 6 17:05:48 EDT 2019

 Dear Moderator

   I ask you kindly to place in FOM, the following version of my post.

                                                        Best regards

                                                      Łukasz T. Stępień

 Dear Prof. Marion

  Maybe these informations will be useful for you (as I understand, you
have asked on an impact of the book: E. H. Neville, "PROLEGOMENA TO
ANALYTICAL GEOMETRY").

  Namely the book: E. H. Neville, "PROLEGOMENA TO ANALYTIC GEOMETRY IN
ANISOTROPIC EUCLIDEAN SPACE OF THREE DIMENSIONS" was cited in (according
to scholar.google.com): June Barrow-Green and Jeremy Gray, "Geometry at
Cambridge, 1863-1940", _Historia Mathematica_, vol. 33, 315 - 356
(2006). Next, the book: E. H. Neville, "PROLEGOMENA TO ANALYTIC
GEOMETRY" was cited in: P.D.  Barry, "Some Generalization in Geometry".
There in the book Henry George Forder, "The Foundations of Euclidean
Geometry", Cambridge at The University Press 1927, is cited: Neville,
"PROLEGOMENA TO ANALYTICAL GEOMETRY" . On the website
https://projecteuclid.org/euclid.bams/1183486021  you can find the
review (Author: B. H. Brown) of the book "PROLEGOMENA TO ANALYTIC
GEOMETRY IN ANISOTROPIC EUCLIDEAN SPACE OF THREE DIMENSIONS" , published
in:_ Bulletin of the American Mathematical Society_, vol. 30, no. 5-6,
271 (1924).

         Best regards,

      Łukasz T. Stępień

---