[FOM] Query concerning E. H. Neville's Prolegomena to Analytical Geometry

Marion, Mathieu marion.mathieu at uqam.ca
Wed Jun 5 14:24:12 EDT 2019

Dear FOM,

I recently chanced upon Eric Harold Neville’s Prolegomena to Analytical Geometry (Cambridge University Press, 1922). In the Preface, he alludes to Russell’s Principles of Mathematics as well as to Principia Mathematica in order to motivate his particular take on the topic, but I could see what the rest of it owed specifically to ideas from Russell. My knowledge of both the history of mathematics and of foundations of mathematics is limited, so I wonder: would anyone know if the book had any impact?

Best regards,

Mathieu Marion