[FOM] Transfinite Recursion in Functional Analysis and Measure Theory

Stephen G. Simpson sgslogic at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 10:47:51 EST 2019

Yes, Chapter V of my book covers mathematics and reverse mathematics in
ATR0.  But there is little or no measure theory in that chapter.

My paper "Mass problems and measure-theoretic regularity" (Bulletin of
Symbolic Logic, 15, 2009, 385-409) includes degree-theoretic and
reverse-mathematical analyses of regularity at transfinite levels of the
Borel hierarchy.  (A set in Euclidean space is said to be regular if it
includes an F_sigma set of the same measure.)  One of my results is that
for all recursive ordinals alpha, the alpha-th Turing jump of 0 is
LR-reducible to a Turing oracle X if and only if X is regularizing at level
alpha+2 of the lightface Borel hierarchy.

Stephen G. Simpson
Research Professor

Department of Mathematics
1326 Stevenson Center