[FOM] H.N. from "Mathematical Cranks"

Alexander M Lemberg sandylemberg at juno.com
Sun May 6 12:33:19 EDT 2018

The following in from the preface to this book:

"We are greatly indebted to Professors Robert G. Bartle, Pierce W.
Ketchum, Echo D. Pepper and Wilson M. Zaring of the Mathematics
Department, University of Illinois, who have taught from various earlier
drafts of this book and who have given us both useful criticisms of the
text and the benefits of their classroom experiences. We also wish to
thank Professors William W. Boone and Herbert E. Vaughan, of the same
department, who gave valuable suggestions for Chapters 1 and 2. We owe a
particular debt of gratitude to Professor Zaring for his detailed and
careful comments on every aspect of the next-to-last draft."

I would be surprised if this were to turn out to be the same person, but
anything is possible.

Sandy