[FOM] Professor Roberto Cignoli passed away

Verónica Becher vbecher at dc.uba.ar
Wed Jun 27 14:14:40 EDT 2018

We have just learned  about the death of our colleague Professor Roberto Cignoli.

Roberto Cignoli  was born in  Rosario, Santa Fe, Argentina, on December 5, 1937. He received his doctorate at the National University of the South, in Bahia Blanca, Argentina in 1969. He was out of the country between 1972 and 1983. Since his return, he served as Full Professor at the University of Buenos Aires, being appointed Professor Emeritus in 2004. He was Senior Researcher at CONICET and president of the National Academy of Exact Physical and Natural Sciences in the period 2012-2017.

Cignoli worked in algebraic logic and published more than 70 scientific articles as well as textbooks. He trained numerous researchers who work in different universities of Argentina.  We will miss him enormously.