[FOM] What the moderator can and cannot do with a submitted post

Martin Davis martin at eipye.com
Thu Jun 1 21:15:45 EDT 2017

I can do one of four things:
1. accept the message for posting
2. reject the message with a comment
3. discard the message
4. forward the message to my personal email account , so I can then forward
it to our editors seeking advice. Depending on what they advise, I will
then either accept or reject.

*What I cannot do is to edit submitted messages. *

I regularly get messages that begin with a note to me that the writer seems
to expect me to delete before I post the message. The software just does
not permit me to do that.

Best wishes to all,
Martin