[FOM] role of large cardinals

meskew at math.uci.edu meskew at math.uci.edu
Thu Sep 22 15:12:07 EDT 2016

Thank you, I neglected the gauges used for weaker propositions.

Regarding CH, look carefully at my claim.  There is no known example of a
statement whose strength provably *transcends* the large cardinals.  I
mean consistency strength; I should have been more clear.  LCs do not
decide CH of course, but Con(ZFC+CH) is not a strong assumption.