[FOM] Proof-theoretic proof of NP=PSPACE?

Lew Gordeew lew.gordeew at uni-tuebingen.de
Fri Oct 14 04:00:09 EDT 2016

Just adding my 5 cents to Hermann's exhaustive response to Alasdair's
reply of Oct. 11, 2016.

There is no contradiction. The APAL paper in question deals with
Hilbert-style proof system IL, whereas our construction yields daglike
natural deductions (ND). The corresponding daglike ND provablity is
more sophisticated and the correlated dag-to-tree unfolding usually
requires exponential growth in size. We don't see how to pass from our
polysize daglike ND to a polysize proof in IL or any other
Hilbert-Frege-style system (w.r.t. intuitionistic and/or minimal logic).

Best,
LG