[FOM] Analyticity of Geometry

Kreinovich, Vladik vladik at utep.edu
Mon Jul 4 18:25:52 EDT 2016

You can find it at http://www.personal.psu.edu/t20/fom/postings/9908/msg00067.html

From: fom-bounces at cs.nyu.edu [mailto:fom-bounces at cs.nyu.edu] On Behalf Of Mghanga D. Mwakima
Sent: Monday, July 04, 2016 12:45 PM
To: fom at cs.nyu.edu
Subject: [FOM] Analyticity of Geometry

Dear members of the FOM mailing list,

I am currently working on a paper on the analyticity (or lack thereof) of geometry - restricting myself to Euclidean geometry. I am aware of Tarski’s 1959 What is Elementary Geometry; and in a paper by Marvin J. Greenberg 2011 "Old and New Results in the Foundations of Elementary Plane Euclidean and Non-Euclidean Geometries” he cites Harvey Friedman’s 1999 paper "A consistency proof for elementary algebra and geometry”

So, could someone help me access Harvey Friedman’s paper? Also, are there other resources that I could use in exploring this question.

Thank you,
David Mwakima