[FOM] Kreiseliana: Kreisel's Doctorate

Matthew Szudzik mszudzik at szudzik.com
Sat Jun 13 16:20:08 EDT 2015

As long as we're on the topic of Kreiseliana, I'd like to ask the
following question:

On page xiii of Kreiseliana, it is stated that Kreisel received his
doctorate (in particular, a Sc.D.) from Trinity College, Cambridge in
1962.  But the Mathematics Genealogy Project

 http://genealogy.math.ndsu.nodak.edu/id.php?id=20180

claims that Kreisel's doctorate was a Ph.D. from the University of
Warsaw in 1974.  Are both of these claims correct?  Who was Kreisel's
advisor?

Matthew Szudzik