[FOM] pathology

Lukasz T. Stepien sfstepie at cyf-kr.edu.pl
Sun Aug 23 17:21:31 EDT 2015

 The word "pathological" appears also in physics, for example, in field
theory.

 For example, Kerson Huang in "Quarks, Leptons & Gauge Fields" (2nd
edition, World Scientific), cites the paper of T. D. Lee and M.
Nauenberg, Phys. Rev. Vol. 133B, 1549 (1964), where the Authors have
written that massless spinor electrodynamics is a pathological theory,
i.e. in this theory, the elements of its matrix "S", are infinite.

 Furthermore, Andrzej Staruszkiewicz, in his paper "Quantum mechanics of
the electric charge" (published in "New Developments in Quantum Field
Theory", edited by Poul Henrik Damgaard and Jerzy Jurkiewicz, Kluwer
Academic Publishers 2002), has written about, among others, so-called,
Dirac's "pathological" representation.

 Lukasz T. Stepien
---

Lukasz T. Stepien

The Pedagogical University of Cracow
Chair of Computer Science and Computational Methods,
ul. Podchorazych 2
30-084 Krakow
Poland

tel. +48 12 662-78-54, +48 12 662-78-44