[FOM] Leibnizian Principles

Jon Awbrey jawbrey at att.net
Sun Nov 16 12:40:46 EST 2014

Charlie wrote:
> It’s always seemed to me that Leibniz had to have packed relations into his properties. <... >

I think this is substantially correct.

 From the viewpoint of an omniscient being of the sort Leibniz reckoned God to
be, the relation of being a father to given children at given times is contained
in the essence of the person concerned.  This is bound up with L's "principle of
universal harmony" and his answer to the problem of freedom and predestination,
as illustrated by the following excerpt I have copied out on various occasions:

"The Present Is Big With The Future"
http://inquiryintoinquiry.com/2013/04/01/the-present-is-big-with-the-future/

Regards,

Jon