[FOM] Fwd: Philosophical intuitions of mathematicians, your help please

Martin Davis martin at eipye.com
Mon Jul 21 11:30:23 EDT 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Rosenzweig, Cheskie <cr2769 at tc.columbia.edu>
Date: Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 8:24 AM
Subject: Philosophical intuitions of mathematicians, your help please
To: davism at cs.nyu.edu

Dear Professor Davis,

By way of introduction, I am a graduate student just starting my PhD at
Columbia University in psychology. I am involved in a cross-disciplinary
project on the philosophy of mathematics with philosophers, psychologists,
and mathematicians.

We are conducting a study about the philosophical intuitions that
mathematicians hold, mostly relating to the objects and methodology of
mathematics. We would be very grateful for your help in publicizing the
survey we have put together and pointing mathematicians toward our survey
and taking this survey yourself. If you have any questions or concerns,
please email the lead researcher (Mark Zelcer) at mzelcer1 at gc.cuny.edu, or
myself, at cr2769 at tc.columbia.edu.

 If you could share this with the FOM e-mail list, or pass this on to
mathematicians in any other ways, it would help us a lot and we would be
quite grateful:

 "A group of researchers in philosophy, psychology and mathematics are
requesting the assistance of the mathematical community by participating in
a survey about mathematicians’ philosophical intuitions. The survey is here:
http://goo.gl/Gu5S4E. It would really help them if many mathematicians
participated. Thanks"

 Thanks so much in advance.

Best,