[FOM] Ring Theory/Question

Karim Zahidi karim.zahidi at ua.ac.be
Mon Jul 29 14:50:07 EDT 2013

I think that the answer to that question is negative. (I will suppose that R is a field, otherwise it is not entirely clear what R((lambda)) should be)
K can not be sandwiched in between R[lambda] and R[[lambda]] since the elements of the latter ring do not have poles at lambda=0 whereas K has elements with poles at lambda=0.
K can not be sandwiched in between R[[lambda]] and R((lambda)), since the ring R[[lambda]] has elements which do not belong to K (e.g the element 1+lambda+lambda^2+lambda^3+....)

Karim
Op 29-jul-2013, om 14:56 heeft <pax0 at seznam.cz> <pax0 at seznam.cz> het volgende geschreven: