[FOM] how would a physicist know that we are not living in a Skolem hull?

Paul Elliott pelliott at blackpatchpanel.com
Mon Feb 4 14:40:31 EST 2013

I have some simple minded questions about physicists using
mathematical theories refering to cardnality.

Suppose a physicists is using a mathematical theory saying
that there are an uncountable number of points in space.

In view of Skolem's result, what would such a statement mean really?
In the universe we are living in are there really an uncountable
number of points in space, or is it just that reality is constructed
so that we can never encounter the 1-1 function that counts them? In
view of qusestions like this, what "good" are statements about the
number of points in space to a physicist? What experiment could
convince us about the number of points in space being
countable/uncountable?

Has anything been written about questions like this?

--
Paul Elliott                               1(512)837-1096
pelliott at BlackPatchPanel.com               PMB 181, 11900 Metric Blvd Suite J