[FOM] 456: The Quantifiers "majority/minority"

walter.carnielli at cle.unicamp.br walter.carnielli at cle.unicamp.br
Thu Mar 3 13:06:16 EST 2011

Dear  FOMers:

on what concerns Harvey Friedman's post about quantifiers
"majority/minority", it may be of interest to know that Paulo Veloso,
Mário Sette and I have worked since 1997 on this topic. The main papers
are the following (and Veloso has subsequently  written other  papers):

P.A.S. Veloso and W. A. Carnieli.  Ultrafilter logic and generic
reasoning, in Computational Logic and Proof Theory. In: CARNIELLI, W.
A.. (Org.). Lecture Notes in Comput. Sci.. Berlin: Springer, 1997, v.
1289, p. 34-53.

P.A.S. Veloso and W. A. Carnieli. Logics for qualitative reasoning.
In: Shahid Rahman; John Symons. (Org.). Logic, Epistemology and the
Unity of Science. Amsterdam: Kluwer Academic Publishers, 2004, p.
487-526.

W. A. Carnielli  and  M. C. C. Gracio. Modulated Logics and Flexible
Reasoning. Logic and Logical Philosophy, v. 17, p. 211-249, 2008.

Best regards,

Walter Carnielli

--
Prof. Dr. Walter Carnielli