[FOM] Kripke-Kleene equation calculus

Toby Meadows toby.meadows at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 01:05:58 EDT 2010

I am looking for some exposition of the Kripke-Kleene equation calculus for
transfinite recursion on admissible ordinals. I am familiar with Kripke
(JSL, 1964) and Kreisel/Sacks (JSL 1965), but was hoping for more detailed
discussion.

Moreover there appear to be minor differences between the systems that these
authors discuss. For example, Kripke omits the successor symbol, while
Kreisel and Sacks retain it. Perhaps this is merely cosmetic.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

--
Toby Meadows