[FOM] Out-of-print books

Timothy Y. Chow tchow at alum.mit.edu
Thu Jul 31 17:02:20 EDT 2008

Apologies to those to who have heard this from me already, but I would
like to draw people's attention to a new site where you can express your
interest in bringing specific out-of-print math books back into print:

http://outofprintmath.blogspot.com

I explain the motivation for the above site here:

http://terrytao.wordpress.com/2008/07/16/timothy-chow-out-of-print-math-books

Since f.o.m. is unfashionable even among mathematicians, books in f.o.m.
seem particularly vulnerable to going out of print.  So I encourage FOMers
to post suggestions and use this site as a focal point for lobbying for
specific titles of interest.  The site is new, but if enough people learn
about it and use it then it could become a valuable source of information.
If you like the site, then please spread the word to your colleagues.

Tim