[FOM] Open Position in Logic

Juerg Schmid juerg.schmid at math.unibe.ch
Tue Jul 29 19:55:27 EDT 2008

The Faculty of Science at the University of Bern, Switzerland,
invites applications for the position of an

Assistant Professor Tenure Track in Mathematics

at the Institute of Mathematics. The starting
date of the position is September 1,
2009, or by mutual agreement.

We are looking for candidates with internationally recognized contributions to
Logic or Foundations of Mathematics or Universal
Algebra who will build up a research
group of their own. We prefer candidates who
complement the research profile of our
faculty (please consult www.math.unibe.ch , www.iam.unibe.ch ).

The successful candidate is expected to  participate actively in the teaching
programme and administrative duties of the Institute; teaching should be in
German after two years. She or he must have
demonstrated ability or potential in
acquisition of extramural funding.

Formal prerequisites are a "habilitation" or equivalent scientific achievements
or a concrete plan for „habilitation“.
Applications, including a curriculum vitae, a list
of publications (with copies of the most
important among them) and a brief outline
of current work and planned research should be sent by September 12, 2008 to

Dekanat der Phil.-nat. Fakultät
Universität Bern
Sidlerstrasse 5
CH-3012 Bern, Switzerland

The University of Bern especially encourages women to apply for this position.
Information about the position may be obtained from Prof. F. Kutzschebauch,
Mathematisches Institut, Sidlerstr. 5, CH-3012 Bern, Switzerland,
(frank.kutzschebauch at math.unibe.ch)