[FOM] Call for Nominations: Ackermann Award 2008
A.Beckmann at swansea.ac.uk
Fri Oct 5 18:36:12 EDT 2007
[Apologies for multiple copies]
ACKERMANN AWARD 2008 - THE EACSL OUTSTANDING
DISSERTATION AWARD FOR LOGIC IN COMPUTER SCIENCE
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
* Eligible for the 2008 Ackermann Award are PhD dissertations in topics
specified by the EACSL and LICS conferences, which were formally
accepted as PhD theses at a university or equivalent institution
between 1.1.2006 and 31.12. 2007.
* The deadline for submission is 15.3.2008.
* Submission details are available at
* The award consists of
- a diploma,
- an invitation to present the thesis at the CSL conference,
- the publication of the abstract of the thesis and the laudation
in the CSL proceedings,
- travel support to attend the conference.
* The 2008 Ackermann Award will be presented to the recipients at the
annual conference of the EACSL (CSL'08).
* The jury consists of seven members:
- The president of EACSL, J. Makowsky (Haifa);
- The vice-president of EACSL, D. Niwinski (Warsaw);
- One member of the LICS organizing committee, G. Plotkin (Edinburgh);
- J. van Benthem (Amsterdam)
- B. Courcelle (Bordeaux);
- M. Grohe (Berlin);
- M. Hyland (Cambridge);
- A. Razborov (Moscow and Princeton).
- possibly one more member to be appointed by the EACSL Board
* The jury is entitled to give more than one award per year.
* The previous Ackermann Award recipients were:
2005: Mikolaj Bojanczyk, Konstantin Korovin, Nathan Segerlind;
2006: Stefan Milius and Balder ten Cate;
2007: Dietmar Berwanger, Stephane Lengrand and Ting Zhang.
* For the three years 2007-2009,
the Award is sponsored by Logitech, S.A., Romanel, Switzerland,
the worlds leading provider of personal peripherals.
More information about the FOM