[FOM] Analyticity of half-exponentials

Alasdair Urquhart urquhart at cs.toronto.edu
Thu Apr 19 15:58:56 EDT 2007

	OK, that's good. So now I would like Urquhart to elaborate on the
	following comment he made:

	"This solution, however, is not single-valued (Baker)
	and, as pointed out by G. Szekeres, there is no
	uniqueness attached to the solution."

I didn't make this comment, I was simply quoting from
Kuczma's book.  I repeat -- I am a thorough ignoramus in
the areas of complex analysis germane to this problem,
but would like to thank Lasse Rempe for illuminating
some of the mathematics involved.  Tim Chow's construal
of Kuczma's remarks quoted above seem accurate to me.

Alasdair Urquhart