[FOM] Re: Collecting independence results

Timothy Y. Chow tchow at alum.mit.edu
Sun Oct 10 23:32:14 EDT 2004

Harvey Friedman wrote:
> UNFORTUNATELY, these two manuscripts are now on a defunct preprint
> server, and I have not quite finished refurbishing my website, which
> will support easy access to all of my unpublished work of significance,
> including, of course these two. I will be maintaining this website with
> frequent updates.

Do you have any intention of putting your unpublished work on the Los
Alamos ArXiv?

It is hard to predict the future, of course, especially of electronic
media, but it is my impression that the Los Alamos ArXiv is the most
durable storage vehicle around for unpublished mathematical work.  It
has its limitations, which is why I also maintain my own website for
my papers, but some things (like my Ph.D. thesis) I put on both, if
for no other reason than that the ArXiv provides a backup in case I
die unexpectedly.

Tim