[FOM] Absoluteness of Clay prize problems

Peter Hinman pgh at umich.edu
Tue Aug 17 14:03:36 EDT 2004

The following article has (according to the review, I haven't actually
looked at it) proofs of the equivalence of several problems, including
the Riemann Hypothesis, with the existence (or non-existence) of
solutions to Diophantine equations.

MR0432534 (55 #5522)
Davis, Martin; Matijasevi\v c, Yuri; Robinson, Julia
Hilbert's tenth problem: Diophantine equations: positive aspects of a
negative solution.
Mathematical developments arising from Hilbert problems (Proc. Sympos.
Pure Math., Vol. XXVIII, Northern Illinois Univ., De Kalb, Ill., 1974),
  pp. 323--378. (loose erratum)
Amer. Math. Soc., Providence, R. I., 1976.

.......Peter

  Peter G. Hinman                         Phone: 734-763-3138
  Department of Mathematics     Dept. Phone: 734-764-0335
  University of Michigan               Fax: 734-763-0937
  3834 East Hall                            Email: pgh at umich.edu
  Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1109       www.math.lsa.umich.edu/~pgh