[FOM] FOM: Zilber's Program

Dave Marker marker at math.uic.edu
Fri Jun 13 14:31:16 EDT 2003

At the ASL meeting Boris Zilber gave a thought provoking Godel
Lecture on his program to find "natural" manifestations of
certain interesting model theoretic phenomena. Part of his work
includes a program that might lead to a new understanding of the
complex exponential function.

Below is a summary of what I consider to be some of the
most interesting points of the program. Some references can
be found at the bottom. Any unexplained terms can be found in the