[FOM] Hao Wang paper?

W.Taylor@math.canterbury.ac.nz W.Taylor at math.canterbury.ac.nz
Sun Jul 27 23:11:49 EDT 2003

Quite a long time ago I read a paper by Hao Wang, that quite impressed me.
Alas I can't recall the title or publication it was in.  Can someone help?

It would have been published around, I would guess, late 50's or early to mid
60's, possibly in JSL but this could be quite wrong.

It concerned the matter of building up set theory, or perhaps the whole
of math, in "stages" indexed perhaps by ordinals; not unlike the paper
mentioned here recently by Dana Scott.

But it had somewhat of a different emphasis than Scott's; it was concerned
in particular with the matter of measure theory, and how this could still
be done even though at all levels there were (seemingly) still only
a countable number of members there.

Does this ring a bell with anyone?  If so, please let me know the reference.

And if further, anyone has comments to make on it I would be delighted
to hear them.

Bill Taylor