FOM: Question on Text

Vladik Kreinovich vladik at cs.utep.edu
Tue Sep 11 13:15:30 EDT 2001

He is of definitely of interest even after 1933 Kolmogorov book:

The Kolmogorov-Martin-Lof 1970s notion of a random sequence, although
originally formulated differently (as a sequence that passes all computable
randomeness tests) can be viewed as a version of von Mises's definition
(speicially, as a seuqnece for which the frequencies are in accordance with the
probabilities both for the original sequence and for the results of applying
computable measure-presevring automorphisms to it).

See, e.g., Li and Vitanyi's book on Kolmogorov complexity for technical
details.

Vladik