[SMT-COMP] [smt-announce] SMT-LIB Benchmarks on Zenodo

Mathias Preiner mathias.preiner at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 13:25:35 EST 2024

On 2/15/24 01:44, BOBOT Francois wrote:

> That's interesting, I though that a community would allow to change
> curators and so would allow to change who can create new versions.
>
> In https://zenodo.org/help/versioning
> <https://zenodo.org/help/versioning> , record versioning is expressly
> describe as a way to manage tool versions (of course solver versions!).
> But what you are describing seems to show that it would not be a good
> fit for developer teams that can change.
>
> Are you sure that maintainers of a record in a community can't be changed?
>
> Since we plan to use zenodo for smtcomp I would prefer to have clear
> best practice.

The main issue I see here is that once a version is uploaded you cannot
upload older versions for the same DOI. Since we started uploading the
2023 release we cannot upload older releases under the same DOI since
they'd show up as newer versions.

Further, if users cite the benchmarks release and use the "catch-all"
DOI it's less precise what they actually used since this could be any
version of SMT-LIB uploaded under this DOI.

For SMT-COMP I'd suggest you upload a dataset per year. I find it
strange do have one DOI for all SMT-COMP results and then you have to
sift through the different uploaded versions to actually find the
results for a specific year.

Mathias