COURSE CONTENTS AND STRUCTURE
- Visualization is a big area, but
we focus on the following:
Computer graphics is the technical basis for visualization,
but we do not require this as prerequisite:
we will introduce computer graphics via the OpenGL framework.
In our topics above, we emphasize the internet issues.
Hence we introduce some networking material.
- large-scale visualization on the internet,
- volumetric visualization, and
- geographic information system on the net.
- This is a hands-on course in which there is a final programming
project. You can do this project in groups of 1-3.
One of the projects is to write a visualization
system for the internet in OpenGL/GLUT.
- Grade: 25% homework, 10% class participation, 65% final project.
- The material covered is close to current visualization
research projects at NYU.