Subject: question about .ps format, with answer

From: Joaquin Grech <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 14:07:59 -0400

Hi!

I've heard some questions about the .ps files, and I think I arrived
to a conclusion...

Question...

I can open .ps files, but why do you use them?

I mean, it seems like you type the test and then you conver it to
.ps format. As far as I know they use .ps when they want to
keep an exact format (like books, etc...)

But on our case, why are we using .ps when if you give the homework
anwers on
a normal text file, everybody can print it happily!

Answer:
Well, I was thinking about it a little, because I agreed. But the truth
is this...
Can a normal text file type in characters like:
Sum (You know, the big E)
Small numbers on exponentiations...
And some more stuff like that.

Nope.

That is why we are using .ps format

Of course you could write that on text using something like:
Sum(i=0,n, j^(log i))
But what a pain to read :P

That was my support for the .ps files :)

Joaquin Grech
---------------------------------------------------------------
!     C r e a t i v i t y     M u s t    S u r v i v e        !
---------------------------------------------------------------
!  Fido: 2:341/19.67                 Euronet: 25:928/100.67   !
!  Internet: [email-masked]                            !
!  Http://www.creative1.net                 Ya me direis :)   !
---------------------------------------------------------------