Subject: Promoting the ACM Student Chapter @ NYU.

From: Kapil Mohabir <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 21:18:05 -0400

Dear Professors,

My name is Kapil Mohabir and I'm the Public Relations Officer for the ACM Student Chapter at NYU.  The club is holding its first meeting of the year on Tuesday, October 5th.  Since the ACM is new at NYU, we are seeking to publicize it to the Undergraduate Computer Science Community.  Attached is the meeting announcement for our first  meeting.  The ACM would greatly appreciate it if you can send this announcement to your undergraduate classes' mailing lists.  If you prefer that I send the announcement, please send me the address of the mailing list.  Thank you for your time and support.

Regards,
Kapil Mohabir
Public Relations Officer,
ACM.
 
You are invited to the first meeting of the Association for Computing
Machinery (ACM) at NYU, which will be held on Tuesday, October 5th at 5:30
in the 8th fl. Lounge at 21 Washington Place.  The ACM is the world's
oldest and largest educational and scientific computing society.  It
provides a forum for the exchange of information, ideas and discoveries in
the industry.

So come find out what the ACM Student Chapter @ NYU is all about, and
enjoy some free food.  We'll discuss the events that the ACM will sponsor
this semester and present the many advantages of ACM student membership
-which include access to some of the most respected publications in the
industry, opportunities to network with industry professionals, and
sometimes an office to hang out in, between classes.   The ACM will have
three large events this semester, which tentatively include two high
profile speakers from the industry and a movie. Of course your suggestions
are always welcome.

Hope you can join us,
Kapil Mohabir ([email-masked])
Public Relations Officer,
ACM.